Toothpaste in tablet form is a toothpaste that is not made of plastic. It is most often made in France. It owes its effectiveness to the fact that it cleans and smoothes your teeth in a much healthier way. Its format in tablet allows to use the right dose of toothpaste and to avoid the waste that we make too often with the toothpastes. Indeed, there is often toothpaste left in the bottom of the tube which is most often unreachable and therefore wasted. Moreover, it has a concentrated formula that does not contain water. It has therefore a better conservation and an easier transport. The natural and organic toothpaste tablet is an ecological, economical and perfectly healthy solution.
Here is a guide that will allow you to know everything about the toothpaste in tablet.
Toothpaste in tablet form: What is it ?
Toothpaste in tablet form is also called organic toothpaste refill in tablet form. It is a natural and zero waste alternative to traditional toothpaste tubes because its packaging is not made of plastic. It is most often made of metal. It contains ingredients of natural origin. It excludes all products that are harmful to health as well as preservatives. It is most often composed of ingredients that guarantee effective toothbrushing and good oral hygiene.
Why use a toothpaste tablet ?
It is an ecological toothpaste
It is a toothpaste that cleans teeth naturally. It is zero waste and certified organic, in other words, it is made from ingredients that are preserved over time and that respect the environment. It is therefore 100% natural. It allows to fight against the waste of the packaging of toothpastes which put a certain number of years before degrading. This fresh toothpaste is most often mint flavored which will allow you to keep a good breath. It is available with or without fluoride depending on the toothpaste brand.
Great ease of use
Cleaning your teeth with chewing toothpaste is really easy. Just bite down on one or half a tablet and brush your teeth with your regular toothbrush. The toothpaste will foam up and spread all over your mouth. Its action is reinforced by brushing. Then you can rinse as you would with a regular toothpaste.
The benefits of the components of the toothpaste in tablet
Toothpaste in lozenge is most often composed of the following ingredients:
- Xylitol: Neutralizes bacteria to prevent the development of dental caries
- Calcium carbonate: It fights against dental plaque and remineralizes the teeth.
- Xanthan gum: It is a natural gelling agent that gives you texture in your mouth.
- Natural mint flavor: It allows you to keep a fresh breath and a balance in mouth.
- Glyceryl behenate: it is a natural binder which allows to give consistency to the lozenge.
- Citric acid: it comes from citrus fruits and allows to clean your teeth efficiently.
How to use toothpaste in tablet form ?
Toothpaste in tablet form is not very different from toothpaste in tube. The operation is very easy and fun. Indeed, you just have to place it at the level of your molars. You must then crunch the candy several times to break it and brush your teeth normally. When in contact with saliva, the product will foam slightly. On the other hand, toothpaste in tablet form is sensitive to humidity on a daily basis. It is important to store it in an airtight metal or glass box when not in use.
Home recipe for toothpaste tablets
This toothpaste tablet recipe foams just as well as a commercial toothpaste tablet. It's a good way to avoid waste and overdosing from time to time.
Here are the different ingredients to use in the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of calcium carbonate or Blanc de Meudon
- 1 tablespoon of white clay
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 15 drops of stevia (also available in powder)
- A few drops of essential oil of sweet mint or lemon
Here are the different steps to prepare this toothpaste in lozenge:
- You must disinfect your jar with boiling water and dry it
- You must then preheat your oven at low temperature
- During this time, you must pour in a bowl: calcium carbonate, clay, baking soda, stevia and the essential oil of your choice, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- You should then add a spoonful at a time of aloe vera gel, and mix until you get a light paste. Normally, you will only need 2 tablespoons of gel, but you can adjust the quantities as you wish.
- You'll need to line your baking sheet with reusable paper and pipe about 90 drops of the toothpaste with a piping bag. You can adjust the shape if needed with the back of your spoon.
- You can then put the toothpaste in the oven and heat it up until it is completely dry for about an hour. The tablets should not stick.
- You can take the tablets out of the oven and let them cool and then transfer them to a glass jar.
However, most of the time you can use a chewable toothpaste like the Y-Brush brand. This refill of vegan chewing toothpaste consists of 60 tablets mint taste. It allows to decrease the acid attack, to act against the bacteria, to fight against the dental plaque and to give you a fresh breath. You can also opt for the refill of 120 toothpaste tablets.
We hope this guide has helped you understand that toothpaste in tablet form is a much more environmentally friendly toothpaste than regular toothpaste. It is above all an ecological toothpaste, easy to use and includes components that are not harmful to your oral health. It is very easy to use whether you are using a homemade toothpaste or one you have purchased.