The effect of an aloe vera-based toothpaste on the reduction of dental plaque and gingivitis is proven. It is therefore generally what is recommended to relieve the oral problems that you may encounter throughout your life. It is usually mostly natural in composition which allows you to take the best care of your teeth. It has also become a fashionable product over the years: care, beauty, oral hygiene or called oral. It is used for everything and everywhere. That's what makes it so charming.
Here is a guide to aloe vera toothpaste:
Aloe vera : What is it?
Aloe vera is a plant known to be a powerful astringent with remarkable effectiveness. Indeed, it will allow to tighten tissues and protect your gums from oral diseases. It nourishes the mucous membranes and then helps the growth of new cells. It will firm, moisturize and soften the gums. It will also control bleeding and localized irritation.
The benefits of aloe vera for the mouth and teeth
The dental uses of Aloe Vera are diverse and varied. However, it is particularly useful to know that it is used in the treatment of gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis. It will reduce the swelling of the soft tissues and consequently it will reduce the bleeding of the gums. It is also a powerful antiseptic in gum pockets where dental cleaning is difficult. In addition, its antifungal properties greatly help in the problem of prosthetic stomatitis when red and painful mucous membranes are permanently covered by a denture.
Homemade aloe vera toothpaste
There is nothing more pleasant and natural than making homemade toothpaste. To do so, you only need a few minutes to make this type of toothpaste. In other words, only 10 minutes will be enough for you to obtain a perfect toothpaste for fragile gums thanks to the healing and soothing properties of aloe vera.
The ingredients you need are as follows:
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of white clay
- A bowl
- One spoon
The recipe for this homemade toothpaste is quite simple:
- You need to melt the coconut oil in a water bath or in the microwave.
- You must then add the aloe vera and the white clay.
- You must then mix carefully in order to obtain a nice homogeneous paste.
- You must then place it in a jar that you choose with a lid.
The coconut oil is a texture agent that gives consistency to your toothpaste.
Criteria for choosing a quality aloe vera toothpaste
Aloe vera toothpaste can be used by the whole family, helping to reduce the appearance of plaque and tartar and preserves the natural protection of the oral sphere and teeth. There are many criteria to consider when buying a quality aloe vera toothpaste.
Here are the criteria to consider:
- The main ingredient: Aloe vera must absolutely be aloe vera for maximum effectiveness.
- The percentage of aloe vera: it must contain a high percentage of aloe vera to take good care of your teeth.
- The synergy of active ingredients: it must be mixed with other natural active ingredients such as propolis, myrrh, silica, chlorophyll, vegetable charcoal or green clay.
- The absence of fluoride: fluoride-free toothpaste takes better care of your teeth.
- Non-abrasive: It must be as non-abrasive as possible to preserve your tooth enamel.
- Organic products: it must contain a maximum of organic products.
There are other complementary criteria:
- A toothpaste that is suitable for your child: you should think about choosing a suitable toothpaste
- A vegan toothpaste: you should think about choosing a toothpaste that does not contain products derived from animals and is not tested on animals.
The different brands of toothpaste with aloe vera sold in France
These toothpastes are used daily in the morning, noon and evening but also as a local treatment as a mouth gel. They are sold in France but also abroad. Its use is particularly easy.
Toothpaste with aloe vera from Pur Aloe
This toothpaste in tube is sold at the price of 4,40 euros on the site mademoiselle-bio. It is composed of 70% aloe vera. It is particularly suitable for people who suffer from bleeding and weakened gums. Indeed, the aloe vera is known for its astringent, antibacterial and healing properties which cleanse, help with the cicatrization and reinforce your gums. Its mint taste will give you a fresh breath.
Forever Bright Aloe Vera Toothpaste
This toothpaste in a tube is sold for 11.76 on the ghaloe website. It combines the many benefits of stabilized aloe vera gel with those of bee propolis to ensure you have perfect hygiene. It also contains chlorophyll to give you a perfect feeling of freshness. It does not contain fluorine.
If you are not convinced by the aloe vera toothpaste, you can try using the Y-Brush fluoride-free toothpaste tablets. This is a 60 tablet mint flavored toothpaste. It is a chewable toothpaste that helps to reduce acid attack, act against bacteria that cause plaque, fight against plaque and give a fresh breath without being harmful to your teeth.
We hope this guide has helped you understand what aloe vera is and what its benefits are for your teeth. The aloe vera toothpaste recipe we have provided is a great value for maintaining good oral health. You can also opt for a toothpaste sold in the shops but you will have to check beforehand that all the criteria of a good aloe vera toothpaste are respected.